Saturday, July 18, 2015

I don't have a phone, but "Guess what? I'm in Iceland"

alright so we just went on this really great 3 day trip around southern iceland

anyhow.

I wrote this out for posting on day two (day one of our iceland adventure)-

This country is friggin spectacular. Dunno how I was lucky enough to get here.

Basically, we spent today on a bus.

It was excellent. We drove from Reykjavik to just past Joksalaron.


Insanely beautiful waterfalls, hills, lava fields. Wow dude.

ALSO HOT DOGS ARE UBER GOOD.

Played some soccer with the students from like 10-12. So surreal cause its just dusk lolol.

Also, man I really need to get some chacos lol- my feet have been so so wet.

Ok. Also I saw this house that chris burkard took a picture of while we were driving and that was cray. I was like "WAIT I KNOW THAT FARM HOUSE YO"

okay. also. got to hike behind this incredible waterfall and just. mind BLOWN.


Day two was also sweet.

We went on this sweet like 8 mile hike through Skaftafell National Park. There was this cool waterfall called svartifoss.


pretty sick. 

Then we hit up Jokulsarlon Ice Lagoon which was dope as. 



Day tres.

Day four out of the total.

So we got to go to Jokulsarlon again.

And we drove for a while and it was super clear and beautiful.

got to walk on this glacier that was pretty great.

And we also got to go to the straight coolest waterfall: skogafoss.



alright now here's the image dump: 


no pun intended. this is just the best picture I think I've taken so far. not saying much but anyhow. great little icelandic toilet. 


i was inspired by r steven's seminal work with coca cola products and his spot-on product placement. 


nice little waterfall we saw today. photo credit: dad 



So we watched "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" tonight. and this clip is legitimately the most relatable thing I have ever seen in my life: 



like seriously. cannot pronounce anything here. 

aiiiiiiiiiiiight. 




1 comment:

  1. THE COOLEST. So stoked you're in friggin Iceland. Keep adventuring hard #pineapple

    ReplyDelete